Whose Wearing a Camo Bandana?
Be fly in a camo bandana like Mobb Deep. RIP.
Chris Brown’s camo bandana kinda blends with his tattoos, doncha think?
Tyga looks downright Legendary in his camo bandana.
A camo bandana: the ultimate baby gift. Because it’s hard to beat the cuteness factor of Kim and Kanye’s daughter North.
Who said a camo bandana can’t be sexy? Certainly not Queen Bey.
Keep Ya Head Up, and keep rocking the camo bandana like 2Pac.
Not All Heroes Wear Capes, but a lot of them wear camo bandanas like Metro Boomin.
Like the Duck Dynasty crew would say, don’t mess with a man’s woman, hat or camo bandana.
Young M.A is Herstory in the Making in her camo bandana.
What’s Does the Color Camo Represent?
- Once upon a time, armies dressed in bright colors, like the iconic British Redcoats. But once modern rifles came into use in the mid-1800s, it was much wiser to be able to conceal yourself. A camo bandana is a handy accessory to keep around, just in case you need to evade a wild animal, or a wild ex.
- Camouflage is a form of deception. Military khaki, which comes from the Persian and Urdu word for ‘dust,’ came about when soldiers in the British Indian Army started dyeing their white uniforms with curry and tea. Khaki uniforms ended the losing battle of keeping the uniform spankin’ white, all while reducing visibility from a distance. Camouflage helps conceal your face, which might otherwise stand out.
- The word ‘camouflage’ dates from a centuries-old prank where the jokester stuck a smoldering hollow paper cone (camouflet) under a sleeper’s nose, jolting the mark awake with a lungful of smoke. The connection to camo is that smoke is smudgy. Or at least that’s our story and we’re sticking with it. You could stymie a jokester who tries to pull this type of prank by covering your face with camo bandana. Maybe he won’t even see you.
- The French had the first military units of specialists in the art of camouflage in World War I. No surprise our word comes from the French ‘camoufler’ which means ‘to disguise.’ They taught others how to blend their equipment and themselves in with the landscape.
- Camo infiltrated civilian fashion as early as the 1940s, but it really exploded onto the scene in the 1980s. Camouflage can be seen everywhere today. It is popular among political activists and ordinary people who just like the pattern, which is why you see so many people donning a camo bandana.
I like camouflage a lot.
~ Grigor Dimitrov
One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage.
~ Demetri Martin
When to Wear a Camo Bandana
- When you’re out hunting in the forest is an obvious opportunity to wear a camo bandana.
- Camouflage works great in the urban jungle too.
- Keep the sun off with a bandana tied into a durag.
- Camouflage offers a cool contrast with a black outfit.
- Hang a bandana from a belt loop of your jeans and look rad.
- Need a back-up mask? Tie on a bandana and you’re all set.
- A set of army fatigues and a camo bandana make a quick and comfortable Halloween costume. Or maximize and go full ghillie.
- Bring a bandana on any casual outing. Tie it around your head as a sweatband, or use it to hide your snacks. (jk. Sort of.)
- There are 13 basic types camouflage patterns, ‘woodland’ being the most common. The first digital pattern was pioneered by Canadians in 1996.
- The military used toilet paper to camouflage their tanks during its Desert Storm operation.
- Animals exhibit a wide variety of camouflage patterns, from season color changes like snowshoe hares to counter-shading like mackerel to dazzle patterns, like zebras.
Camo Bandanas For Sale
- Available in Regular Size: 22″ x 22″
- Also available in Extra Large Size: 27″ x 27″
- Comes in Plain Solid White & in Paisley White
- Get Packs of 6 Bandanas, 12 Bandanas and 600 Bandanas
- Available as Cotton Square Bandanas and as Cotton Triangle Dog Bandanas
Learn more about what other Bandana colors represent